Saw Blessing of Animals

David hiking El Camino de Santiago caminoaOAKAPPLE.NET
Mon Oct 7 18:53:29 PDT 2002

> There are some excellent guides published for the various routes of the
Chemin (Sentier) de Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle in France;
we walked the LePuy to Conques stretch using a wonderful
book published by the Federation Francaise de la Randonnee Pedestre

People who can read French, perhaps with the help of le dictionnaire,
can order some FFRP topo-guides over the internet, using credit cards,
from the IGN and amazon.fr and perhaps Halstead's - the links are on my web page
http://camino.oakapple.net - but the FFRP doesn't accept credit cards, which
is too bad since the other sources do not seem to
stock ALL the FFRP topo-guides;
I scored 3/5 at the IGN and worse at the others.

> You can, by the way, begin walking at Cluny and join the Chemin shortly thereafter.

There is the new Chamina topo-guide (also in French)
for people getting to Le Puy from Cluny or Lyon.