Via de la Plata

sophroniacamp sgcjhmaTIAC.NET
Mon Oct 7 15:58:06 PDT 2002

This is my first message, hope I've done it right.  I'd love to hear any
practical details of walking from Seville to Santiago, via the Zamora
route.  I have Confraternity of St James guidebooks.  I've walked the
French Route from
StJPdeP in 2001 (May/June), and 2 weeks in 2002 from StJPdP to Burgos
(May), so I have some camino experience.  Walked with a friend, a son, and
solo.  I'm a woman, 53 years old, fit but no mega-jock (I swim 45 mins a
day).  I'd like to know if I should bring a backpacking tent for this
route, about possible dangers, preparedness tips, conditions to expect,
etc.  I don't speak Spanish, but do speak French.  Should I do a crash
course in Spanish?  I won't be traveling solo, but want to know if
traveling with another female companion, same age, makes sense or is risky?
Is April a good time to start, or best to wait until May?  Thanks in
advance for any advice.  Sophronia Camp Cambridge MA