Walking in Winter

Sue Kenney sue.kenneyaSYMPATICO.CA
Sat Oct 5 05:51:51 PDT 2002

Robyn,

I  am a single mum with 3 teenaged children. I walked the Camino alone
last year leaving from SJPP on November 7 and arriving in Santiago
December 6. On the second day, in Roncesvalles there was 20cm of snow.
Each day brought a different experience rain, snow, hail, sleet, wind,
fog and lots of sun too. The nights were cold often going to freezing
with very little or no heat in the refugios. I had done some research
about the Camino before I left, but it didn't stop me from going at this
time of year since it was my only option. Somehow, I had the gift of
seeing the end of the Camino in my mind before I left. It was as though
I had already completed it and therefore I knew I was safe. I would do
it again at this time of year.

Fear will paralyse. Follow your heart.
Buen Camino,

Sue