The Ages of Mankind

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Thu Oct 3 17:30:09 PDT 2002

Hi Lia,
It just happens that it appears that the Blessing of the Animals at St. John
the Divine's Cathedral will be next Sunday!
You can call them at 212-316-7400 to find out exactly.
In the Village we have the animal blessings around May.  At my parish, the
image of St. Rocco as a Santiago pilgrim (with the dog that saved his life)
presides over the celebration.
A few months ago a solemn Mass was held, at St. Paul's downtown,  with the
surviving of those dogs that helped in the rescue efforts after 9/ll in
attendance.  There wasn't a single dry eye in the church and when the Mass
was over nobody wanted to leave..
Recently the Camino websites from Spain have carried much information about
allowing the dogs, and other pets, that accompany Camino pilgrims throughout
the pilgrimage, to be received in the Cathedral for a blessing.
Well, best regards.
Rosina