New Member, Colorado, USA

Joe English santiagowalkingaHOTMAIL.COM
Thu May 30 01:23:33 PDT 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002 11:08:53 -0600, Linda McInnis <mrfsealahaHOTMAIL.COM>
wrote:

>I am already an avid walker/hiker, and living here in the Rocky Mts. offers
>me many opportunities to train and be in shape.  Obviously, I believe in
>planning ahead!  I know very little about the various routes, however, I
>think I would like to begin in Roncevalles (sp?).  Any information,
guidance
>and encouragement is welcome_______

Hi Linda,
Welcome to this little group.
You are going to have great fun planning and enjoying your pilgrimage. It
truly is a life changing experience  whether you do it for spiritual,
religious or any other reasons.
One suggestion I have is to start your pilgrimage in St. Jean Pied de Port,
rather than Roncesvalles. If you are an avid walker, and you have
experience up and down the Rockies you will have no trouble with the first
day walking. There is something enormously satisfying about crossing a
major mountain range on foot - the Pyrenees. Another is the fact of walking
across the border from one country to another with your 'kit' on your back,
is something that most Americans never get the chance to experience.
Happy walking
Joe+Eileen