The Camino in stages

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Mon May 27 09:09:12 PDT 2002

Hello you all,
A book has been published for those who can only walk the Camino in stages
owing to their only having one or two weeks vacation during which they can do
so.
The book not only contains topographical descriptions but also information
regarding albergues, restaurants and "bars", noteworthy views, places of
religious, historical and cultural interest,  and climate conditions.  The
sections covered in the book are:
1. Somport-Jaca-Sanguesa-Puente la Reina (151 kms.)
2. S.Jean Pied de Port-Roncesvalles-Pamplona-Puente la Reina-Estella-Logrono
        (158 kms.)
3. Logrono-Najera-Santo Domingo de la Calzada-Burgos (111 kms.)
4. Burgos-Leon (207 kms.)
5. Leon-Villafranca del Bierzo (118 kms.)
6. Villafranca del Bierzo-Santiago de Compostela (206 kms.)

Within each of the sections the book gives  distances between towns (O
Cebreiro is 35 kms. from Villafranca, etc.) and the various degrees of
walking difficulty that may be encountered in given segments.  According to
the writers of the book, each of the six sections listed can be walked
comfortably in a week. The book includes pull-out detailed maps for each of
the sections.
The book is published by the Anaya Touring Club,  http://www.anayatouring.com
 and its ISBN number is 84-8165-554-6.
My copy is written in Spanish but I have been told that it is also available
in French.
Although rather concise, I must admit that the
historical-cultural-sociological data in the book contain many items of
information that I had not read about elsewhere.
Regards,
Rosina