St. James' mother?

Paul Newfield pcn01aWEBDSI.COM
Sun May 26 16:11:19 PDT 2002

> James "the elder", so called to distinguish him from the other apostle
also
> called James, was beheaded in the year A.D. 44 by Herod Agrippa, king of
> Israel, in Jerusalem. Today, Armenian orthodox monks maintain a chapel at
the
> site of James' martyrdom.

Some years ago, while visiting Jerusalem and just exploring the alley ways
of teh old city, I happened to stumbl upon an ordination at the Armwnian
church of St. James in the Armenian quarter.   I still remember the smells
of the incense and sounds of hauntingly beautiful acapella music from that
day.

Paul