new member

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Wed May 22 16:50:10 PDT 2002

In a message dated 5/22/2002 1:25:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nblahaaTHOMASAQUINAS.EDU writes:

> I'm hoping to sleep outside most of the time, weather
> permitting. I'm also a bit concerned about the issue of numbers of
> pilgrims, though I'm hoping I wont' run into that as much if I avoid the
> albergues (is that a fair assumption?). Because I only have about a month,
> maybe less, I am wondering if a route other than the camino frances would
> suit me better, such as the camino del norte along the coast

I would advise against bringing a tent - too much weight to carry.
The albergues or refugios are great - That is part of the experience not to
be missed
You will have plenty of solitude - the trails are rarely crowded
You can do the Camino Frances in a month
The Coastal route may take longer and is more difficult I am told - I want to
do that or the Portuguese Camino next
Howard Mendes, NYC