What I've learned from the ListServe

jim allen jallen08aTAMPABAY.RR.COM
Mon May 13 16:41:42 PDT 2002

Hola;
Make a couple of copies of your passport and put one in all pieces of your luggage, "just in case."  Get a few Euros from your bank before you leave so you'll have some as soon as you land in Europe.   No cameras allowed in the Cathedral at Burgos, buy postcards.
Vaya con Dios,

Jim Allen, Seminole, FL

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Marcia Whitney-Schenck
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 7:05 PM
  Subject: What I've learned from the ListServe

  My sister-in-law and I are preparing to leave for Spain on May 28th. We will start the pilgrimage at Burgos. This is what I've gleaned from the ListServe:

  I. Handy items to include:
     -- Large safety pins and line to hang laundry.
     -- Eating utensils.

  2. Special tips:
     -- Identify your all-purpose towel. (Mine now has a delightful stitched image of a
     lion and a lamb.)

  3. Reduce weight in pack:
     -- I noted the recent discussion on sleeping bags versus sleeping sacks. I purchased a sleeping sack and a Therm-A-Rest pad (looks like eggshell cartons).

  4. Don't judge motivations:
     -- I read Pilgrimage: Adventures of the Spirit, edited by Sean O'Reilly and James O'Reilly (published by Travelers' Tales, San Francisco) a collection of essays on contemporary pilgrims of all faiths. Highly recommended.

  I was confused at first about people's identities. I thought it strange that so many people had the name of Ultreya!

  Blessings and thanks soulmates.

  Ultreya,
  Marcia from Chicago (chrnartsaaol.com)

  P.S. Pieter and Trigo from Holland must be delightful people.