What I've learned from the ListServe

Marcia Whitney-Schenck CHRNARTSaAOL.COM
Mon May 13 16:05:27 PDT 2002

My sister-in-law and I are preparing to leave for Spain on May 28th. We will
start the pilgrimage at Burgos. This is what I've gleaned from the ListServe:

I. Handy items to include:
   -- Large safety pins and line to hang laundry.
   -- Eating utensils.

2. Special tips:
   -- Identify your all-purpose towel. (Mine now has a delightful stitched
image of a
   lion and a lamb.)

3. Reduce weight in pack:
   -- I noted the recent discussion on sleeping bags versus sleeping sacks. I
purchased a sleeping sack and a Therm-A-Rest pad (looks like eggshell
cartons).

4. Don't judge motivations:
   -- I read Pilgrimage: Adventures of the Spirit, edited by Sean O'Reilly
and James O'Reilly (published by Travelers' Tales, San Francisco) a
collection of essays on contemporary pilgrims of all faiths. Highly
recommended.

I was confused at first about people's identities. I thought it strange that
so many people had the name of Ultreya!

Blessings and thanks soulmates.

Ultreya,
Marcia from Chicago (chrnartsaaol.com)

P.S. Pieter and Trigo from Holland must be delightful people.