Tiny and lightweight sleeping bag

Felipe Sanchez felipsanaOLYPEN.COM
Thu Mar 28 08:29:46 PST 2002

Polly Helm:  I purchased the same sleeping sack from REI.  I start in
Sevilla on the 1st of May and if cold along the way I will sleep with
clothes on, check into a hostal, or, in the extreme, buy a cheap blanket to
carry for a few days and then leave in a Refugio.  Last year I did exactly
as you plan to do and the refugios usually were full of pilgrims, each body
a heater, and everyone insisting on closing the windows.  Most of the time,
and there were exceptions, I was too hot and most conscious of the foul,
stale air emanating from between 30 and 60 people.  I carried in 2001 a bag
weighing 2 1/2 pounds and rated to 20 degrees F.  I did use it a few times
but probably could have done with less.  Not much help I know.
Sorry..Sanchez