Tiny and lightweight sleeping bag

Adrienne Patton casamagdalenaYAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 27 23:35:02 PST 2002

Linda's book is great cultural information, but it is
not a practical guide.  I have since bought another
copy to read before I go, but will leave it at home.

I use the British Confraternity of St. James guides.
They are up-to-date, thorough, practical and
lightweight.(for both walking and cycling pilgrims)
They give you town-to-town distances, alternative
route choices and info on refugios, fuentes, terrain,
stores, restaurants, basic points of interest, etc.
And their website is one of the most thorough Camino
information sources. http://www.csj.org.uk/

I didn't mean you should forget about the sleeping mat
if it is important to you - it just isn't worth the
weight for me.  However, if you intend to stay in
hostals and refugios (beds), it may not be necessary -
unless you are going at a time that you can expect
full refugios and will have to sleep on the floor.
That was not an issue for me when I walked the Camino
Frances in late fall, but I don't know how crowded
things get in May.

If I may make a suggestion, the next thing I would
recommend you buying after passport and flight
tickets, if you have not already done so, would be
your boots.  The terrain of the Camino is varied and
rough - you will be very grateful for well-broken-in
boots.

Ultreya!
Adrienne