Best and Worst of the Camino

Donald Schell djschelaATTGLOBAL.NET
Tue Mar 26 09:12:04 PST 2002

Jorge,

Somport to Puenta La Reina is wonderful.  It is distinct from what is
currently the most traveled arm of the Camino Frances until just before
Puenta la Reina.  First time I walked from St. Jean Pied de Port.  This past
May I did the Somport crossing of the Pyrenees and I'm planning to do it
again this June.   The moutnains were quite spectacular.  Jaca was a
delight.  The museum of frescoes that's attached to the Cathedral in Jaca is
well worth the visit (and the frescoes are from a number of hermitas you
will pass after Jaca).   Before Puenta this route also passes by the much
photographed, mysterious and beautiful pilgrim church at Eunate.  There are
other delights on the route from St. Jean.  It's a hard choice.

love,
donald