Cell phones vs prayer

Elyn Aviva TajminaaAOL.COM
Mon Mar 25 09:49:33 PST 2002

I WILL wade in on this.... I have an ailing father, 87 years old. My husband
and I are going on a month long trip to England, Scotland, and Brittany in
May--and I'm taking an international cell phone. Without it, I would not feel
comfortable, nor would he, so we can be reached if there's a serious
emergency. I hope to walk the Camino this fall and I'll take the cell phone
with me for the same reason. That doesn't mean I should stay home or be with
him-=-it means I should say a prayer of thanksgiving that there is technology
that enables me to feel better about being so far from him. Like everything,
it can be overdone and misused, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have an
appropriate use.
Buen Camino,
Elyn