cell phones

Dorothy Imundi Ddirenzo2000aAOL.COM
Sat Mar 23 20:44:24 PST 2002

Hi Gina,
I understand your concern with keeping in touch with your family, but no one
has mentioned that perhaps anyone travelling alone would be well-advised to
carry a cell phone if only for emergency use.  I felt much safer knowing that
if I turned an ankle or what-not, I wouldn't have to wait for someone to pass
by and help me. I could just call the emergency number I was given before I
began my walk.  I don't recall what it was though.  It gave me a sense of
security as I truly believe that although we trust in God, He wants us to use
our common sense.

I bought my international phone at home.  It only cost me $85 and I can use
it in many countries.  Of course, I still use it here.  Also for a $5 per
month fee, I was able to e-mail my family on the phone as well.  With a
phone, you can call from any area of the camino without having to wait to get
to a town. You can share with your loved ones back home any thrilling
experience you may have at the very moment.  I know I called my daughter and
it was wonderful to share with her my joy.

Dorothy