lone traveller!

Juel M. Dagenais juelaVIRGINIA.EDU
Wed Mar 20 21:53:39 PST 2002

I too am travelling "solo."  I am a 28 year old female,
so I understand your trepidation. But I put "solo" in
quotes because it will be summer and I expect there will be
many with me along the path.  I think too its good to
travel alone.  One must always use common sense, trust
one's instincts of course, male or female.  The good though
is not having to comply, not having to please anyone, not
feeling oneself checking in to make sure everyone in the
group is ok. What is lost in companionship is gained in
freedom.  The trip belongs to you, to your spirit / quest /
health / balance whatever reason you are walking.

Maybe I will see you on the trail.  I am still setting my
dates.  I leave graduate school and the life of the student
behind and so I am walking as a transition into my "new
life."  A way to balance, get my spiritual self reawakened,
get my body reawakened after living in my head the last
decade.  I look forward to the journey, and I feel quite
certain if you desire a path-mate there will be others, at
least one other, who you will natural meet up with.  Things
work that way.

Juel