closest point - 100km

John Topping j.m.toppingaXTRA.CO.NZ
Mon Mar 18 22:10:04 PST 2002

Hi Kay,
It's not long now just 28 sleeps before John and I leave.  I'm sorry we haven't been able to catch up with you, but we've been really busy.  Perhaps when we come back.  I have appreciated all you wise advice.
Best Wishes,
Marion & John
Tauranga.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kay Young
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2002 9:37 PM
  Subject: Re: closest point - 100km

  Dear Gina
  To receive the Compostela you do have to walk the last 100 k. I would suggest Sarria (114k from Santiago) a reasonably large town with an interesting modern refugio. It is built into the side of a cliff, with one wall being rock.  Do check the way out while it is still   light. I left Sarria in the early hours of the morning before it was properly light and remember getting lost and ending up in a small cemetery! Ferreiros is  (according to the English confraternity guide)   exactly 100 kilometres but is smaller (although it does have a refugio) and might be harder to get to

  Buen camino!

  Kay Young

  NZ