Bull-Fighting

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Wed Mar 13 02:04:29 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/13/2002 2:35:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
anthony.dysonaWANEWS.COM.AU writes:

> However, we need to remember that from mediaeval times, the pilgrimage to
> Santiago de Compostela has been -- and remains -- a religious pilgrimage.
> We should be aware of the danger of allowing it to  become just another
> package holiday.

This is wishful thinking.  It's almost like saying that visitors to the
Vatican should be restricted to religious people.  How about those that want
to see the Sistine Chapel who are not religious?  Anyway, how are you going
to control who goes on the Camino?  Elderhostel and other respected
organizations offer packaged trips to the Camino.  Also, Elderhostel
generally includes an educational component in its packaged holidays.  Rather
than bemoan who is going and for whatever reason they go, I embrace everyone
who goes without questioning their motives.  Howard Mendes, NYC
HMe347aaol.com