No subject

Watson, John watsonjaTRINITY.VIC.EDU.AU
Tue Mar 12 15:48:21 PST 2002

G'day Mary Kay
I walked in April/May 2000 and found the backpack too heavy. I also had a
rash on my hips so in Leon I bought a small shopping "jeep" for $20 approx.
and transferred more than half my load into it. Dragging it along behind
was, well, a drag, but much better on my back. However, it had all but
collapsed by Compostela so I could not even give it away. On my most recent
walk in Australia I pushed along a three-wheeler of my own devising, made of
bike wheels and aluminium. Though it had a slight tendency to pull to one
side, the wheels rolled beautifully and I was able to complete the trip
easily with no back pain. In 2004 I hope to walk from Le Puy and intend to
using a jogger. You may have seen energetic mums or dads running while
pushing junior in one of these expensive gadgets. My concern is to buy one
that will collapse easily for transport/storage and will be light enough for
me to carry a distance in an emergency.
Just some thoughts
John
www.pilgriminspain.net