Nightwear

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Sat Mar 9 03:43:15 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/8/2002 11:31:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
CHRNARTSaAOL.COM writes:

> what does one wear in the refugios at night?

As Mary Boyle from NJ said to me and her husband when she returned, "I never
thought that so many people would see me in my underwear or in the shower."
Be prepared to lose your modesty.  Most people will respect your privacy and
will not stare at you.

 From my experience in May/June 2001, when the weather was warm, most people
slept in underwear and put on their hiking shorts/pants when they got out of
bed to go to the bathroom in the morning.  Some men and women thought nothing
about walking around in their underwear in the refugios.  It sort of becomes
routine, after the first couple of days, not to worry about these things even
if you are normally prudish.  Showers without curtains in some places can be
a little more challenging.
Howard Mendes, NYC