Biking and Trains and Pools

Tony McGinty AMcg65aAOL.COM
Thu Mar 7 08:51:19 PST 2002

I'm planning to bike to Santiago from the South of France at the very
beginning of May this year.

A question about trains: After I arrive at Santiago, I'd like to take a train
back to France where I'll pack up my bike and fly back to the US. Can I
assume that I will just be able to hop onto a train to return to France with
my bike, or do I need to make reservations and special arrangements in
advance for my bike? Do Spanish trains generally carry baggage cars and are
they good about allowing bikes?

A question about swimming: I'm a swimmer and am wondering if I'll be able to
find public pools (indoor or out) where I can do some laps in the towns along
the way from Roncevalles to Santiago. Any advice about finding them, typical
hours, whether they rent towels, etc. would be appreciated.

Tony McGinty
Rosendale, New York