solo walker

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Sat Mar 2 12:42:12 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/2/2002 1:27:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
juelaVIRGINIA.EDU writes:

> I noticed that the refugios give preference
> to walkers, but that this preference is for walkers in
> groups of 4 or 5, is this true?

Some refugios permit walkers to register first and cyclists later in the day.
Not true about groups having any preference over individual walkers.

I have heard of there being problems getting
credentialed if not sponsored...is this true and if so how
is it best remedied?

No need for sponsorship.  You can get the blank passport in many places.
Depends on where you want to get started.  I ran out of space and bought a
second one at a small church in Sarria very easily.  Howard Mendes, NYC