CAMERAS

Remi Loyer loyerraCADVISION.COM
Mon Jun 17 10:46:16 PDT 2002

I think a camera is a really important part of your journey.  I took an SLR,
albeit a newer one that was a little less heavy.  There was a lot of
contemplation as to whether it was worth it to take such a heavy piece of
equipment... it was soooo worth it.  My pictures are incredible.  However,
weight is something to consider on such a long journey where every extra
ounce counts.

Certainly disposable cameras are availalbe, but they are more expensive than
in North America.

In terms of theft, a camera is just something you keep with you at all
times.  However, I often left my camera in my backpack at night when I
wasn't in the Albergue.  Not once did I have a problem with theft.  I always
left my back pack on my bed and then abandoned it until I went to bed.  I
just always always kept my wallet and passport with me.

Jennifer Bruce

--
  Remi Loyer -- loyerracadvision.com