Cell Phones

Tony Schuster agsustraCHARTER.NET
Sun Jun 9 19:55:25 PDT 2002

We will be hiking the trail for a month or so in the fall. I was thinking of getting a cell phone so that we would have a number that family could reach us while we were in Spain. Being available is one of the costs of having parents and kids and grandkids. Any ideas on cell phones? Alternately, we could get a phone card and call in but that would mean daily phone calls. The final alternative is to check email routinely. Any thoughts on any of this? That is, any thoughts other than the beauty of the low tech world in which far away meant out of touch...
Tony