sleeping mats and warm clothes

Tess Ocol tessocolaYAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 19 12:30:56 PDT 2002

Hello,

I am off to the Camino in a week with three friends.  We are leaving from Roncesvalles.  And we have a few things that we debating.

1) One of us heard that August is really crowded, and that basically it is hard to find empty beds in the refugios and that most times you will end up sleeping on the floor, so it is a good idea to have a sleeping mat (i.e therma rest).  What do you guys think about this?  Therma rests are big to pack, I don't know if it is worth it.

2) How much warm clothing will we need for August?  Does it get really cold in the nights?

3) where in Roncesvalles can we get our credentials?

Thank alot!

tess