Peregrina Book Review

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Wed Jul 10 13:00:34 PDT 2002

I'm almost finished reading "Pilgrim Stories" by Nancy Louise Frey (Univ. of
Calif. Press, 1998) which I would recommend highly.  It is a superior book to
Coehlo and McClaine if you want to find out  what the Camino is REALLY all
about.  She spent a lot of time as a hospitallera at refugios and her
observations and encounters strikingly match mine.  She takes much of the
uncertainty and anxiety out of the Camino for first time pilgrims.  I'm sorry
I did not know about her book before I went.  Howard Mendes, NYC