bicycle logistics

Robert J. Toy rjtbetoaSBCGLOBAL.NET
Tue Jul 9 20:15:48 PDT 2002

Has anyone out there actually hauled a packed bicycle from the Madrid
airport to Pamplona, using public transportation? I particularly would
like to know what is involved training from Madrid to Pamplona. The
RENFE web sight  is not clear on this. It seems I must use regional
trains. Is this prohibitive as far as time and effort is concerned? I
don't imagine it would do me any good to book in advance, right?
 Thanks. Look forward to sharing my experiences when I return in Oct 2002.