Train destinations

lmorris kesatotaSHAW.CA
Thu Jul 4 07:23:22 PDT 2002

Hi Daniel,
        When I landed in Madrid I took the train to Pamplona and then from
there I took a taxi to Roncesvalles. Here is how.
         From the airport you will need to get to the Train station which is
some distance away, you can catch the Metro at the airport and with a
few metro changes you get to the train station. If you get to the train
station early enough around 9 in the morning you may catch an early
train and will get in Pamplona during daylight, other wise the next
train leaves around 6 and that puts you to Pamplona around 11, so you
will have to get a room for the night. I found that there was only one
bus that leaves for Roncesvalles and that is around 6 in the evening,
doesn't do you much good. but if you wait around the bus station maybe
you can find others pilgrims that are heading your way with the same
problem and ask to share a cab,  other wise the cab ride will cost you
about 40 Euros. then from there you can start walking.
hope this helps

leonard