cruz de fero

lin galea caminante93aHOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 23 22:32:49 PST 2002

Depositing a stone can be very important symbolic act.  While I was working
at Rabanal, one morning, after everyone had left, there was a young man
still in bed, with chills and fever, too sick to walk.  It was determined
that he would need a taxi into the hospital in Ponferada.  This news upset
him so much that he started crying.  It seemed he was very concerned about
depositing a stone -- I would call it a rock because it ws about the size of
my fist --at Cruz de Fero.  He had carried this rock all the way from
Belgium and to him, this mission was even more important than reaching
Santiago.  I have often wondered what meanings were held in that stone what
life was going to be like for him once it was deposited.

lin galea