Introduction

Chris Heap christopher.heapaROGERS.COM
Wed Jan 23 12:06:37 PST 2002

Hello everyone,

I'm new, but I've been lurking here for a while. I've learnt a great deal from this list and I'd like to thank you all. That recent thread about addiction really resonated with me. I hiked the Appalachian Trail in 1999 and far from "getting it out of my system", it seems to have just increased my craving! I really miss the camaraderie of the trail. This year I'm planning to hike the Long Trail in Vermont, and then, god willing, the Camino from Le Puy to Compostella in 2003.

At the moment I'm just trying to get the "feel" of the Camino, but I'm sure I'll have many questions later on. One thing I have to do right away is try to learn some Spanish - I don't speak a word at the moment. I speak pretty good French and that is one of reasons for wanting to start in Le Puy.

Has anyone any advice about a good crash course in Spanish - there aren't many Spanish speakers around here.

Chris

Ottawa, Canada