boots , trail runners, sandals

Diane Grust DEG33aAOL.COM
Tue Jan 22 15:51:25 PST 2002

I walked the 500 miles with a pair of Merrell trekking shoes with Vibram
soles and they are right now in the basement awaiting camino #2. The soles
are worn a bit but nothing else major.  Personally I chose them for their
lighter weight as I had broken my ankle the year before I walked the camino
and was worried about a heavy boot pulling down on my ankle.

Sounds like the low cut Lowes would be just fine.  However, this is one
subject where there has never been much of a consensus except that it is an
important choice so take your time deciding and buy your socks first and try
the boots on with the socks you will be wearing.  Also, you feet swell as the
day goes on (and they will swell on the camino) so I would go at the end of
the day to try boots on.  Many stores allow you to return them if you don't
wear them outside so test drive them inside your house.

My three cents,
Diane