Addiction?

Robert Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Mon Jan 21 08:39:16 PST 2002

Is it an addiction? My friends considered me crazy when I did a thousand
mile pilgrimage in the year 2000. But I wasn't satisfied with that. I
had to try another in 2001. It was much shorter, only about 400 miles,
but my knees insisted that I take public transportation for about one
third of that. Now I find myself dreaming about going again this Fall,
this time taking the Saint Jean route that I have been reading so much
about. I think that it would be a real hoot to celebrate my 78th
birthday on the Camino. Did I say addiction? Perhaps madness woud be a
better word. If my knees had heads, I am sure that they would be nodding
them in agreement. This route would mean almost double the walking that
I managed to do last year. However, there would be one big plus in
starting from Saint Jean. There would be fellow pilgrims along the way
to give encouragement. The Caminho Portugués was quite lonely last year.

regards,

Robert