Security

Diane Grust DEG33aAOL.COM
Sat Jan 19 13:48:22 PST 2002

Every refugio is different but many of them are co-ed.  Sometimes the shower
is in a separate room so you lock yourself in, sometimes they have separate
M/F rooms  but these are not luxury accomodations and I was always happy with
whatever there was. If you are lucky the water will be hot if not it is cold.
 When the water was cold I would debate how badly I wanted the shower.  I
also learned this trick in Leon where the water was so cold it hurt.  Wash
right half of your body but not your head , dry.  Wash the left half of your
body and dry , now get dressed and wash your face and hair in the sink.  You
will be cold but it will be "possible".  Can't deal...pay to stay in a hostel
or hotel ...they provide all the mod cons.

As for "on the road"  my solution was to go into a bar/cafe that was open and
buy a cup of coffee or water and use the facilities.

Diane