check archives for boots

Donald Schell djschelaATTGLOBAL.NET
Fri Jan 18 14:07:47 PST 2002

Dear Ed,

I think 'newbies' have good reason to ask for and expect access to fresh
conversation in subjects that the group may have already discussed.
Remembering my time of preparation the first time I walked, I had a
desperate need to hear from people who had walked.  I also wanted
information, so an archive of notes would have been useful, but I think just
finding a catalogue of information wouldn't have been satisfying.

 From the other side, having walked whatever pilgrimage distance any of us
have walked, after arriving in Santiago, having returned and had some time
to reflect, some of us enjoy recalling and retelling what we learned and
experienced, both the large and the small of it.  That means an on-line
discussion like this may have a fair amount of repetition, especially on
practical matters like foot wear and equipment.  Every time a familiar topic
comes up, I'm intrigued to watch again and see this time how we share
experience, deliver information, and encourage one another.