choosing a route

Lisa Forman FormanLSaAOL.COM
Fri Jan 18 09:06:22 PST 2002

Andrea-
 I spent a long time last spring looking at all the different routes -
getting maps- and info off various web-sites - even wrote to a man in England
who was doing a book (very detailed) on the Northern Route and he sent me
pages and pages of his instrutions.  I was travelling with my son, and we
both love water, planned the trip for july and august (HOT HOT HOT) so we
thought it would be cooler by the sea.
 Alas, I made the decision to go the Camino Frances simply because it is more
well travelled, and for some odd reason, we thought we would meet more people
and feel more "warm and cozy".  It certainly was well travelled- quite over
populated for my taste, and sometimes we slept outside (no tents) because
there were no beds at a refugio, and we did not find an 'Inn".
  But I did take pleasure in seeing and photographing the places I had read
about in so many books before I had left, and there were many times I found
myself walking alone (which is what I really wanted!) Some day I would love
to walk the Northern Route and really see how they differ.
Buen Camino
lisa