choosing a route

Barry Evans barryevans9aYAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 18 05:15:59 PST 2002

Andrea, i understand about 95% of pilgrims choose the St Jean to Santiago route
(of whom only about 20% actually do the entire route, and about 10% do the
additional 3 days to finisterre).
(btw, one of my best day's hiking ever = st jean to roncesvalles, so i
recommend not to skip that part)
The northern route appeared well marked around San Sebastian (it goes right
through the city) and folks i met in Santaigo who had just completed the coast
route told me it was fairly well marked all the way. they hadn't seen another
pilgrim the whole time, and when their route joined the "main" ("Camino
Francais") route, they were blown away with the crowds (! as they saw
them...we, who had been on the main route, just took the odd other person as
normal by then). This was walking last september.
barryevans

=====
Barry Evans    (707) 476 8317
217 Second Street, Eureka, CA 95501
Our camino photos: http://us.geocities.com/barryevans9/camino

"All your questions are born out of the answers you already have."
                                                     U.G (not J.) Krishnamurti