Mode of Travel

Felipe Sanchez felipsanaOLYPEN.COM
Mon Jan 14 11:03:36 PST 2002

 Hi- I am new to this list- but I have been thinking
 about doing the pilgrimage in the spring.  Is it
 better to go on one's own?  or go with a group?
  chrsitian

Christian:  Advice is easily come by and often of dubious value.  I offer my
opinions but be aware they may not reflect your personal preferences.
    1.  Traverse the Camino Frances from Roncevalles to Santiago.  The way
is well marked, there are adequate facilities, and enough fellow pilgrims so
that you can choose company or no.

    2.  Start in May so as to avoid the heat of July and August.

    3.  Remember that the Camino is an experience and not a race.  Each day
is a jewel in a necklace of remembrance and reflection.

    4.  Wear boots that are well broken in and comfortable.

    5.  Carry as little as possible but prepare for cold, rain, sun.  Twenty
pounds may be suitable, twenty-five too much, and fifteen better yet.

    6.  I prefer to walk alone with the restraints of accommodation
necessary when sharing your space and time with another.

    7.  Consult this and other web sites:
http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/telegraph/04camino/04000001.htm

And Christian, buena suerte, buen camino, y utreyia.....Felipe Sanchez