motives

Patty Sheneman ToulouzaWEBTV.NET
Thu Jan 10 12:20:01 PST 2002

one of you mentioned shirley maclaine's book the camino.

i'm planning myself on doing the camino in 2004, the next holy year. i
wanted to do it a couple of years ago but was finishing up graduate
classes.

next year, when i turn 50, Lord willing, I'll be walking in Nepal on the
Annapurna Circuit,which is a three week hike. I wanted to do the
pilgrimage to Jerusalum, but 9-11 stopped that.

Pilgrimages are spiritual journeys,where ever they may lead a person. I
want very much to do the camino during a holy year, and also those hikes
in nepal---also machu pucchu---canterbury---all long walks are
pilgrimages to me in that the prolonged silence and oneness with nature
allows so much spiritual growth.

anyway,so i went and bought maclaine's book,and liked the description of
the walk, etc., but all of those interjections of her having these
conversations with dead people---it just really wrecked it for me.

Medicine Woman