magnetic ley lines

Kathy Gower kathygoweraHOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 10 08:22:13 PST 2002

Barry, et al:

I have a book I picked up in England years ago which talks about an old
English photographer who spent much of his time traveling the countryside
and he noted that the various antiquities he encountered on his travels were
sited on straight lines, and he gave them the name "leys".

It's suspected that churches, landmarks etc. were situated like that not
only because one could see to the next site, but it made giving directions,
easier...ie. from the large tree to the big white boulder that markes
so-andso's grave to the lake that glimmers in the sun to the village , etc.
Cairns perhaps were set up also, to mark these "routes".

Notice there's nothing definitive that I've said above, but it is
interesting. This author also postulates that that's how the Welsh borders
came to be, as well.

It doesn't seem too far fetched when one considers that the Camino is
primarily straight and that there are underground currents and the currents
of energy we carry within us. Interesting question.

If you want to get really far out, consider the magnetic poles of the planet
that suddenly switch charge every several years.  I hear its due to switch
again. (and I've never read Shirley)