Crossing to Avalon

Preston Pittman preston_pittmanaHOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 9 08:52:12 PST 2002

Yes, Kathy.  This certainly applies directly to our discussion on motives
for making the pilgrimage.  One might begin with a less than conscious
spiritual motive and find a transformation through the process.

I think it was Rosina who mentioned a book about someone who was collecting
pictures and statues of the Virgin Mary *as religious kitsch* but found that
"looking for Mary" transformed her spiritual life.  She found herself to be
a true devotee.