Nicholas Flamel

Kathy Gower kathygoweraHOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 4 15:13:47 PST 2002

Haven't seen Harry Potter, but I did study a bit about Nicholas F;lamel as
well.  A little over a year ago I visited his house, one of the oldest in
Paris (the oldest belonged to a Templar) and also saw his gravestone in the
Cluny Museum.

He and his wife, Petronella, or a deviation of that name, were very, very
poor but endowed many hospitals and orphanages in Paris. She sewed the
symbols found in an old handmade book into the lining of Nicholas's coat and
he went on pilgrimage to ask St. James for some sort o intersession. (or
knowing full well about the Islamic/Jewish wisdom that lived in Spain, along
the Camino).  I haven't checked the websites lately, but when I do, I'll add
whatever you can't find there.

Supposedly he met Abraham the Jew in Leon, and learned as much as he could
from him before he died, returning from Santiago.  What he couldn't learn
from him, he figured out by himself.

His house is fairly close to the TourSt. Jasques and his orphanages were
where Les Halles is today.