Sleeping mats

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Thu Feb 28 08:20:29 PST 2002

In a message dated 2/28/2002 10:54:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
LgalilaAOL.COM writes:

> someone wrote that he had had an awful rash and that the doctors had told
> him it was caused by bed bugs; he suggested that maybe one should take a
> bug spray along. Do you know something about

I never heard that as a complaint.  But it is entirely possible.  In one
refugio where I slept on the floor I IMAGINED that there were bugs in the
bed.  So did Vivienne who slept in another room.  I think that a sleep sack
would probably avoid this as a problem.  Everyone showers, but a few people
end up smelly from not washing clothes often enough.  The refugios are kept
surprisingly clean considering the heavy use they get.   Then again, I'm not
a complainer.  Howard Mendes, NYC