Money advice

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Thu Feb 28 04:31:52 PST 2002

In a message dated 2/27/2002 11:10:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
watsonjaTRINITY.VIC.EDU.AU writes:

> Use belts and braces, Marcia. That is, always have a backup. Take some cash,
> travellers' cheques (note the spelling! I'm an Aussie), a debit card such
> as
> Maestro, and a credit card - Visa or MasterCard. Keep them separately, and
> always on your person. The person who plans best is in least trouble.

I just hope that nobody will be nervous about running short on money.  If you
do run short or out of money temporarily, there are refugios that you can go
to in many places that ask only for contributions and you can send them money
later on if you like.  Also, pilgrims will gladly share food with you and you
may run into them again to reciprocate.  I carried a small amount of cash and
never had to use it because the cash machines were so plentiful and reliable
along the way.  The more valuables you carry,  the more you have to worry
about protecting them or losing them.  My advice is to keep it simple and not
to worry.  Howard Mendes, NYC