Money advice

Remi Loyer loyerraCADVISION.COM
Wed Feb 27 14:08:38 PST 2002

Hi Marcia and all,

I would normally not send this to everyone, but I want to mention an
airline.  First order of business, money... no problem whatsoever you can
access ATM machines almost everywhere.  I did not bring travelers cheques or
credit cards and not once did I have a problem.  I always had enough to last
me a few days or so.  In terms of how much money to bring, that depends on
if you will be eating out for all meals, and if you stay in Albergues.  I
think I spent maybe $800.00 .  However, I know many people who spent a lot
more than that.  I stayed in Albergues and only ate out at dinner.  The
group I ended up walking with all pitched in a few bucks and we made a big
group meal for around 10 - 15 people whenever we could.  We ate heartily and
inexpensively.

I know it is now that time when people are starting to make travel
arrangements.  I remember last year people asking about cheap airfare and
the like.  I thought I would mention easyjet.  It is a company out of the
U.K. that is extraordinarily inexpensive if you book well in advance.  I
traveled from Barcelona to London for around $65.00 Canadian Dollars.  I
only booked a week in advance, this is by far cheaper than both rail or bus.
It is worth checking out if flights into Spain are expensive.  A possible
route is via London, and then hop on an easyjet flight.  The web address is
www.easyjet.com    You can only book online they have no agents.

Buen Camino

Jennifer Bruce

Calgary, Canada