Non-Christian pilgrim experiences

Michael P. Barham barhamp1aYAHOO.COM
Tue Feb 26 10:23:40 PST 2002

Since pilgrimage seems to be a major theme among most all of the worlds
major religions, and minor too, I think that the the least common
denominator can be attained in all of them. For me, the rhythm of "going out
and coming in" is important, which is why, even as a Christian, Fenisterre
was so important to me in helping me understand my pilgrimage.

The centering of oneself, using a walk and a place, no less than in the
labrynth, is a helpful excercise regardless of our religion or non-religious
upbringings and affiliations.

Everyone I met who was not walking for Christian specific reasons, whether
religioius or not, found the camino to be deeply meaningful and helpful in
dealing with whatever "baggage" they brought and unloaded along the way,
bringing them closer to discerning the "really real," whatever that mean for
them, or means for me.

peace,
Michael B