Non-Christian pilgrim experiences and credential

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Tue Feb 26 07:35:22 PST 2002

Jim Ashton wrote while he walked there was not such a thing as being
"different"

Jim is right in this: only in recent years (mind the two-stamp issue) it
seems the Roman Catholic church seems to try to have a foothold on the
Camino!
They already tried in '93 or '94 when they build the grand stadium for the
visit of the Pope. Trees were planted on the meseta and a lot of new
alberques were founded in Galicia

However already in a VHS recording I have on the travel of the Dutch author
"Herman Vuysje", the abbot of Roncevalles who also speaks out his daily
pilgrims mass, complains about the fact that are only a few pilgrim walking
in Catholic faith.
He seems to think that all are mere "holiday-makers" and we know all that
something different is about as my co-pilgrim on this list very nicely put,
when he told about the ashes in Fisterra.
We're not there for nothing!
It's however not done to explain you deeper ideas and motivations to others,
as we all know it goes to the heart.

In this the Camino the Santiago coincides with our pilgrims path in life!
as always
Ultreaya and Good Health to you !
Pieter and Trigo from Holland
mailto:p.pannevisachello.nl