Non-Christian pilgrim experiences

lmorris kesatotaSHAW.CA
Mon Feb 25 21:31:39 PST 2002

        Maybe I'll do the same, and that is jump in to this religious versus
non religious experience of the Camino. Like Elyn I to think that this
journey is us evoking archetypes of primal ideas that we don't fully
understand. I see it this way, the lower is nothing more than a
reflection of the higher.
        If I may ask the question, Why does everyone assume that the Christians
have the exclusive rights the the Camino? Sort of like the Egyptian
thinking that they have the exclusive rights to the pyramids, but do
they just because the pyramids are in their land. So why is it that when
a non Christian wishes to part take in this journey they feel like they
are walking in a place they don't belong and they feel like they need
permission. But in the end, they go away with a personnel experience of
their own.
        Have we ever wondered why this journey in Spain is only called the
"Camino" or the "The Way", I ask, the way to where and why is it not
more descriptive? Could it be also called "the Way that Is Not a Way" or
maybe "the Way that Cannot Be Named"? I must say, it truly a strange
path.

leonard