art

Juel M. Dagenais juelaVIRGINIA.EDU
Sat Feb 23 10:02:34 PST 2002

hi,

i am rather an art fanatic and hope to use my degree to
work in museums or in some such way to further arts
education.  i realize that as a pilgrim we are staying in
refugios and sometimes these are attached to missions, is
this true?  has anyone found the missions to hold any
art/artifacts that one should see?  are there missions that
are more art laden than the rest?  are there a couple of
stops along the way that must be taken if one wants to
see/experience such things? i also love rural folk art, is
there any presence of such art in the villages along the
trail?

after the pilgrinage i would love to take a quick trip to
morrocco although the political climate worries me.  has
anyone done this and do they know a safe way to do thi?  i
hear it is quite cheap to take the bus.  i also would then
like to take the bus back up to barcelona and then visit
the guggenheim in Bilboa, did anyone else do this?  I plan
to fly in and out of Barcelona. Is it pretty easy to get a
bus to the starting point from there and then a bus from
the end point back?  Are there student rates?  Is it fairly
inexpensive?  And are most refugios still open to pilgrims
for a nominal fee?

Enough questions and feel free to point me to the
archives...

Your path-mate,

Juel