Re Compeed

Lisa Forman FormanLSaAOL.COM
Mon Feb 25 07:01:18 PST 2002

to Leonie
  Compeed is available in this US at most major drug stores.  Sometimes under
the guise of Band-Aid brand, I believe.  They are with the Dr Scholls and
other food pad devices.  Beware though, if you are a 'sensitive' skin person
such as myself,
they may cause more damage than good!
  I did not have any blisters until about ten days into my journey., my son
as well.
We both got blisters in the same places on out feet, and I pulled out the
compeed bandages- ended up using two or three for two days and my feet
swelled so much I couldn't even wear my Teva sandals with the buckles closed.
 We stayed put for two days and I hobbled around, looking at the Cathedral in
Leon.
  I am sure this was a reaction from the medicine in the Compeed.  There is
even a warning that swelling may occur, along with carious other symptoms.
So - know your own body, and be cautious of all Western medicines, I say...
lisa