"Following the Milky Way"

Lois Karner galo.karneraVERIZON.NET
Sat Feb 23 10:09:13 PST 2002

Sometime back I wrote that I was reading Elyn Aviva's book "Following
the Milky Way: A Pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago" (ISBN
0-9710609-0-8).  I thoroughly enjoyed travelling el Camino with Elyn
and felt her misery with stomach problems.  However, not being a
seafood person I would have been ill with some of the treats Elyn ate
along the way.   <GRIN>

I finished the book last week and highly recommend it to those who
have thought about reading it, but haven't as yet.

I leave for Rio de Janeiro this afternoon and will take "Pilgrim
Stories: On and Off the Road to Santiago, Journeys Along an Ancient
Way in Modern Spain"  (ISBN 0-520-21084-0 alk. paper and ISBN
0-520-21751-9 pbk.: alk. paper) by Nancy Louise Frey.  From what I
have read so far (to page 97) this is also an excellent book for
pilgrims in training.

Cheers folks - from a pilgrim in training,

Lois